Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Beginning to make its way into on-line retailers other than just book stores...


Found this this morning -- an on-line parenting site with a book shelf of recommended new titles uses the cover illustration of The American Story on its masthead!

And yes, I admit it, I was cruising the web again obsessively looking to see if anyone is talking about me, my new book, etc. I also found The American Story on the Wal-Mart website. I had no idea they sold books on-line. Of course that's naive of me. They sell everything. Why wouldn't they sell books? I wonder if I should go to the closest Wal-Mart next week and see if they have the book in the store. Would I be pleased or would my heart sink? Hmmm.... well, according to their corporate website they have 1,146 stores and 2,098 supercenters. The Barnes & Noble corporate website says there are "over 1,000" B&N's. Is it any wonder the local independent mom 'n pop bookstores are disappearing? Even the chain bookstores are outgunned by the megaretailers.

So: heart sinking or big grin? Honestly, I suspect that if I found my book at Wal-Mart I'd cry all the way to the bank. Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Bookmark Gadgets

No comments: